EFFECTIVE DATE: 14/10/2020
This policy applies to all the websites we operate within the European Union, our use of emails and text messages for marketing purposes, and any other methods we use for collecting information. It covers what we collect and why, what we do with the information, what we won’t do with the information, and what rights you have.
Who we are?
Information we collect
We will only ever collect the information we need – including data that will be useful to help improve our services. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Personal information, such as name, postal address, phone number, email address, that you provide by filling in forms on Our web site or when you contact Us via telephone or by e-mail and includes information provided when you:
- order a brochure;
- submit a question to us;
- voluntarily provide us with feedback.
- Details of your visits to our website including but not limited to, IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed, and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many people use our sites, how many people visit on a regular basis, and how popular our pages are. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. It simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
You are provided with the options to opt-out from receiving communications from us or our partners at the time that your details are submitted and, on each occasion, that you are contacted thereafter.
How we use the information we collect
We may process your personal data for our legitimate business interests. “Legitimate Interests” means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business and providing you with the best services and products in the most secure way. These interests include:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your electronic device;
- To provide you with information about our products, services, offers, or technical developments that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To ensure the ongoing safety and care of your mobility product and the maintenance of any finance or insurance-related products that you hold;
- To contact you regarding your opinions on our products and services which may be used for marketing, research, and analysis, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To help us identify you when you contact or visit us;
- For general administration purposes;
- To help us improve the quality of our products and services;
- To carry out customer statistical analysis, using cookies placed on our website;
- When you communicate with us for customer service or other purposes (e.g., by emails, faxes, phone calls, etc.), We retain such information and our responses to you in the records of your account.
When we process your personal data for our legitimate business interests, We always ensure that we consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under the GDPR.
If you have any concerns about the processing described above, you have the right to object to this processing. For more information on your rights please see “Your Right” section below.
Choice / opt-in and opt-out
Whenever the processing of your personal data requires your consent then you will be given the opportunity to opt-in or opt-out to having your contact details used as set out above, at the time your details are submitted.
For example, when you request product information, you can tell us when you provide your details if you do not want to receive any other information from a subsidiary within Pride Mobility Products Europe or our dealers, or you can let us know how best to get in touch with you with information that may be of interest.
If you do not wish us to use your data as set out above, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please leave the relevant boxes, situated on the form which we used to collect your data, blank/unticked.
If you no longer wish to receive email or other promotional materials from us, you may opt-out of receiving these communications at any time by one of the following methods:
- by using the opt-in and out boxes in the cookie banner;
- by writing to the relevant subsidiary within Pride Mobility Products Europe;
- by calling the relevant subsidiary within Pride Mobility Products Europe;
Please be aware that if you opt-out of marketing communications received from one of our dealerships, and your information is also held by other dealerships, you may continue to receive information from these other dealerships until you inform them that you wish to opt-out of marketing communications as well.
The range of products and services offered or selected business partners but is not limited to:
Product Mobility Scooters
Product Powered Wheelchairs both standard and prescriptive
Product Lift Chairs
Sharing your information
We may share your information for any of the purposes set out above with any member of the Pride Mobility Product group, and/or carefully chosen business partners who provide products or services through our subsidiaries within Pride Mobility Products Europe and our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf, such as, for instance, data management firms.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties, if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data for legal or regulatory purposes, in relation to existing or future legal proceedings, for the prevention of fraud/loss or to protect the rights, property, safety of the subsidiaries within Pride Mobility Products Europe, our customers or others.
Information is stored by us electronically on computers and in the cloud. We may transfer the information to other offices and to other reputable third-party organisations as explained above – they may be situated inside or outside the European Economic Area. We may also store information in paper files.
The subsidiaries within Pride Mobility Products Europe have security protocols and policies in place to collect and process your personal data securely and to ensure it is protected against loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration.
The subsidiaries within Pride Mobility Products Europe take steps to ensure that any businesses that your data is shared with has adequate security protocols and policies in place for ensuring compliance with the relevant privacy laws and regulations.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure, and whilst we do our best to try to protect the security of your information We cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse, or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred.
We will keep your information only for as long as needed for the purposes specified above. We need it to provide you with the goods, services or information you have required, to administer your relationship with us, to comply with the law, or to ensure we do not communicate with people that have asked us not to. When we no longer need information, We will always dispose of it securely, using specialist companies if necessary to do this work for us.
Job applicants, current and former Pride Mobility Products Europe employees
When individuals apply to work at one of the subsidiaries within Pride Mobility Products Europe, only the information they supply to us shall be processed for managing their application and to monitor recruitment statistics.
Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed or deleted within four (4) weeks after the vacancy they applied for is closed unless the candidate expresses, in writing, the wish of their file to be kept past that period. In this case the retention period is limited to one (1) year after the vacancy is closed.
Once a person has taken up employment with a subsidiary within Pride Mobility Products Europe, we will compile a file relating to their employment. The information contained in this will be kept secure and will only be used for purposes directly relevant to that person’s employment. Once their employment with a subsidiary within Pride Mobility Products Europe has ended, we will retain the file in accordance with the requirements of our retention schedule and then delete it.
Under the data protection legislation, you have the right to request copies of your data, request rectification of your data, request the erasure of your data, object to us processing your data, the right to prevent your data being used for direct marketing, request us to restrict the process and where our systems allow, the right to access a copy of the information we hold about you (a subject access request).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact the GDPR Officer or designee by phone, in writing or via e-mail (email@example.com).
For more information about your rights under the GDPR contact your National Competent Authority.